Carolinas Medical Center is a great place to learn!
Carolinas Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Atrium Health, formally known as Carolinas HealthCare System. Atrium Health is one of the most comprehensive public, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the nation and works to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing for all through high-quality patient care, education and research programs, and numerous collaborative partnerships and initiatives. With more than 65,000 teammates and over 31,000 patient encounters each day, Atrium Health continues to nurture its roots while evolving as an organization. Carolinas Medical Center provides the Charlotte region with the only Level I Trauma Center and the only dedicated pediatric trauma center.
The Charlotte Campus curriculum integrates foundational learning with experiences in the emergency department, a sequence of simulation sessions, and a course of ultrasound instruction. A didactic “Thread” schedule weaves throughout the year with lecture material and active learning sessions on topics ranging from common findings to unusual situations, each session a building block in complexity and acuity.
The Charlotte Campus offers medical students:
- High volume and wide variety of undifferentiated patients
- Innovative curriculum: combination of traditional block and Longitudinal
- One-on-one attention with attending and resident physicians
- State-of-the-art hospital facilities including new ICUs, maternity suites, and simulation center.
- Levine Children’s Hospital named a “Best Children’s Hospital” by U.S. News and World Report.
- Award-winning faculty
- Diverse learning experience
- Free hot lunches Monday through Friday
- Free parking
- Student programs written into the EMR
- High patient-to-learner ratio
Charlotte is a great place to live!
Charlotte attractions are incredibly diverse, so you’re sure to find something interesting to do.
- Art Museums
- Parks, greenways, and gardens
- NFL Carolina Panthers
- NBA Charlotte Hornets
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- S. National Whitewater Center