Facilities in Charlotte
Charlotte’s Novant Health is a great place to learn!
Novant Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare system that serves patients and communities in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. In the greater Charlotte area, students learn from physicians and experienced interprofessional teams at two core hospitals, in both urban and suburban areas:
Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center
- Within PMC is the St Jude’s-affiliated Novant Health Hemby Children’s Hospital which provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient pediatric services, including a level IV intensive care nursery and a pediatric intensive care unit.
- Also co-located with Presbyterian Medical Center is Novant Health Charlotte Orthopedic Hospital which is the area’s only orthopedic hospital and provides a full range of orthopedic services, including advanced diagnostic imaging, innovative treatments and rehabilitation services. 48 beds.
Novant Health Huntersville Medical Center
The Charlotte Campus offers medical students:
- 36+ specialties
- St. Jude Affiliated Hemby Children’s Hospital (State of the Art NICU)
- Pediatric Emergency Department (>25 pediatric specialists)
- NH Cancer Institute
- NH Heart & Vascular Institute
- NH Orthopedic Hospital
- NH Women’s Center
- NH Michael Jordan and Movement Mortgage clinics
- Innovative, meaningful engagement in Health Equity
- One-on-one with faculty
- Strong focus on community engagement and pursuit of health equity
- High volume and wide variety of undifferentiated patients
- Research opportunities for learners
- Free parking for learners