Individualization Phase Scheduling
60-day Deadlines for Dropping and Adding Courses for each Block:
Block 6: May 31, 2019
Block 7: June 26, 2019
Block 8: July 26, 2019
Block 9: August 23, 2019
Block 10: September 20, 2019
Block 11: November 8, 2019
Block 12: December 6, 2019
Block 13: Transition to Residency
Block 14: January 31, 2020
2019-2020 Individualization Phase Scheduling
(Round 2/Blocks 5-14)
ONLINE SCHEDULING PLATFORM AND COLLEGE ADVISOR APPROVAL
- January 14, 2019: Class meeting and begin entering your schedule into the
- February 15, 2019: Deadline to enter registrations into platform
- February 22, 2019: Deadline for schedule approval from Dr. Dent, College Advisors, or Campus Directors.
- March 22, 2019: View your draft schedules in One45
- March 25 – 29, 2019: Student-driven internal swaps
- April 1 – 7, 2019: Submit swap, drop, add’s through a Qualtrics form
- April 8 – 19, 2019: Blackout period begins for additional change requests until swap, drop, add’s are completed
- April 22, 2019: View results of swap, drop, add’s in One45
CHANGES TO BLOCKS AFTER INDIVIDUALIZATION PHASE BEGINS
We are trying to minimize the amount of changes that occur throughout Individualization Phase as it creates logistical challenges for preceptors, campuses, and staff. To drop or add a course, please submit the request 60 days before the first day of the course. There will be no changes the week before a course starts or after a course begins except for very extenuating circumstances. Students cannot change a course’s graduation requirement one week prior to a course starts. View course availability in the left sidebar of this webpage. The report will be updated every 2-3 days.
Please send changes to: IndivPhaseSchedules@med.unc.edu. In the email, specifically state:
- Your PID
- DROP: The course name, number, the grad requirement it was intended to fulfill, and specific block number and dates.
- ADD: course name, number, the grad requirement it is intended to fulfill, and specific block number and dates.
- If the request involves a swap, please copy the participating peer.
CHANGE REQUESTS GO TO: We would like to streamline requests through a single email address (IndivPhaseSchedules@med.unc.edu) where we can better manage and monitor requests. Failure to send requests directly to the single email address will cause a slow-down in the process. Please withhold from emailing our schedulers directly.
If you are requesting a change in your schedule with less than 60 days notice you will need to obtain permission from the course director of the new course you wish to schedule along with approval from your advisor to make this change.