Individualization Phase Scheduling
30-day Deadlines for Dropping and Adding Courses for each Block:
Block 8: August 24, 2018
Block 9: September 21, 2018
Block 10: October 19, 2018
Block 11: November 23, 2018 (assumed 12/19–1/1 Holiday)
Block 12: December 14, 2018 (assume 12/19-1/1 Holiday)
Block 13: CAPSTONE February 4, 2019
Block 14: March 4, 2019
2019-2020 Individualization Phase Scheduling (Round 1/Blocks 1-4)
ONLINE SCHEDULING PLATFORM AND COLLEGE ADVISOR APPROVAL
- September 10, 2018: Class meeting
- September 12, 2018: Revised course catalog available with updated capacities
- October 5, 2018: Career Goal Workshops
- October 8, 2018: Begin entering your schedule into the
- October 14 (midnight), 2018: Deadline to enter registrations into platform
- October 22, 2018: Deadline for schedule approval from Dr. Dent, College Advisors, or Campus Directors.
- November 16, 2018: View your draft schedules in One45
- December 19-26, 2018: Student-driven internal swaps
- November 27, 2018: Submit swap, drop, add’s through a Qualtrics form
- December 2, 2018: Blackout period begins for additional change requests until swap, drop, add’s are completed
- January 2, 2018: View results of swap, drop, add’s in One45
CHANGES TO BLOCKS AFTER INDIVIDUALIZATION PHASE BEGINS
We are trying to minimize the amount of changes that occur throughout Individualization Phase as it creates logistical challenges for preceptors, campuses, and staff. To drop or add a course, please submit the request 60 days before the first day of the course. There will be no changes the week before a course starts or after a course begins except for very extenuating circumstances. Students cannot change a course’s graduation requirement one week prior to a course starts. View course availability in the left sidebar of this webpage. The report will be updated every 2-3 days.
Please send changes to: IndivPhaseSchedules@med.unc.edu. In the email, specifically state:
- Your PID
- DROP: The course name, number, the grad requirement it was intended to fulfill, and specific block number and dates.
- ADD: course name, number, the grad requirement it is intended to fulfill, and specific block number and dates.
- If the request involves a swap, please copy the participating peer.
CHANGE REQUESTS GO TO: We would like to streamline requests through a single email address (IndivPhaseSchedules@med.unc.edu) where we can better manage and monitor requests. Failure to send requests directly to the single email address will cause a slow-down in the process. Please withhold from emailing our schedulers directly.