Resources for Documenting Teaching
- Seldin P. The Teaching Portfolio: A Practical Guide to Improved Performance and Promotion/Tenure Decisions. Boston, MA: Anker Publishing Co., 1997.
- Simpson DE et al.. Meeting the challenge to document teaching accomplishments: the educator’s portfolio. Teaching and Learning in Medicine, 1994;6(3):203-206.
Evaluation of Teaching
- Centra JA. Reflective Faculty Evaluation: Enhancing Teaching and Determining Faculty Effectiveness. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1993.
- UNC Center for Teaching and Learning, website for the 3-SET Course Evaluation System: www.unc.edu/depts/ctl/about3set.html
Scholarship in Teaching
- Boyer EL. Scholarship Reconsidered. Princeton, NJ: The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 1990.
- Fincher RE, Simpson DE, Mennin SP, Rosenfeld GC, Rothman A, McGrew MC, Hansen PA, Mazmanian PE, Turnbull JM. Scholarship in teaching: an imperative for the 21st century. Acad Med, 2000;75:887-894.
- Glassick CE, Huber MT, Maeroff GI. Scholarship Assessed: Evaluation of the Professoriate. Princeton, NJ: The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, 1997.
- Sachdeva AK et al. A new model for recognizing and rewarding the educational accomplishments of surgery faculty. Acad Med 1999;74:1278-1287.