Please complete the items on this list by the due date specified. Updates will be added to this site as they become available.
Click here for a downloadable checklist. Please note: Website will have the most up-to-date and reliable information.
- Review Student Housing Options. Submit a request for a roommate here by May 11.
Purchase UNC SOM swag by May 1 at: Order and Receive UNC SOM apparel
Due May 1 Purchase UNC SOM swag at: Order and Receive UNC SOM apparel
Due May 11:
- Create an ONYEN if you haven't already done so.
- PCC Clinical Week Questionnaire. Email Gina Horne with any questions.
- Register in the UNC Directory through ConnectCarolina
- Complete your Voice Recording & Preferred Name Form (requires ONYEN Login)
- Voice Recording is important for correct pronunciation of your name at school events such as White Coat Ceremony, Graduation, etc.
- Review Academic Calendar for important dates.
- Review Student Housing Options. Deadline: Submit a request for a roommate here .
Due June 15:
- Complete Immunization Requirements. The School of Medicine has additional requirements above and beyond the state requirements. If you are admitted to the SOM after May 15, please contact the Health and Safety Coordinator if a deadline extension is needed.
- When School of Medicine Requirements are completed please send the printed and signed records to Bernice L. Mayo .
Bernice L. Mayo
Health & Safety, ERAS & NRMP Coordinator
UNC School of Medicine
Student Affairs Office
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-9535
1001 Bondurant Hall CB# 9535
- UNC Campus Health Services will contact you regarding your Immunization Requirements for State of North Carolina (Form located on ConnectCarolina under "More Student Links" tab. Then click on "Immunization and Health History" Form.)
- Decide if you will purchase a laptop through Carolina Computing Initiative (CCI) or bring your own device.
- Please see the Computer Requirements for information about purchasing a CCI Computer versus bringing your own device.
Due June 20:
Due June 24:
- Check your @med.unc.edu email address. Make sure that you are receiving emails from the School of Medicine.
If you have not received any emails to your @med.unc.edu account, please contact Ms. Randee Reid.
Due July 1:
- PCC Biographical Sketch form. Email Gina Horne with questions.
- Official transcripts submitted to Office of Admissions.
- Send final, official transcripts with degree designations, if applicable, from each U.S institution you have attended by July 1, 2016. Forward them to:
Office of Admissions
1001 Bondurant Hall CB#9500
Chapel Hill, NC, 27599-9500.
If we do not have your final official transcripts by the deadline it may delay receipt of your Orientation materials and may prevent your timely matriculation.
IMPORTANT-- AMCAS will NOT send your transcripts to UNC SOM; it is your responsibility to provide the Admissions Office with your final, official transcripts before matriculation. Please note: your acceptance is contingent upon the successful completion of all course work and degree programs indicated on your AMCAS application or during your interview, and the completion of the immunization requirements for the state of North Carolina and UNC School of Medicine. If you are not in compliance with the required immunizations for the state and the School of Medicine by July 15, 2016, your enrollment will be discontinued.
Due July 15:
- Complete UNC SOM Forms Packet (Complete electronically through DocuSign)
- You received a link for this packet of forms to your personal email address in May. Your electronic signature is required on the packet of documents. If you have questions about the forms please contact to Bernice Mayo
- Health and Safety Form
- N95 Respirator Use Form
- 2016 Confidentiality Statement
- EPIC Consent Form
- COMING SOON: Campus Safety form opens. Please complete electronically via DocuSign by August 1.
- If you have questions, please contact Forrest Page, Registrar, at email@example.com or (919) 843-7097.
- Complete OSHA Requirements using Internet Explorer Browser.
- Complete Clinic Bloodborne Pathogens Course (4140) and Tuberculosis Training and Infection Control Course (4130).
- Complete HIPPA Requirements.
- Send proof of completion of both OSHA and HIPPA online modules to Bernice Mayo.
- Review and Complete Financial Aid Forms.
- Questions contact Financial Aid via email or phone 919-962-6118
- Optional: Complete LASSI (Learning and Study Strategies Inventory)
- COMING SOON:
Due July 25:
Due August 1:
- COMING SOON: Complete Campus Safety Form (made available July 15) in DocuSign
- COMING SOON: Complete Computer Set-up Requirements
- Review GUTS Modules
- Download SoftTest for ExamSoft.
- Institution ID: UNCMed
Due August 15:
- Submit Disability Insurance Payment
- Completed after you receive Financial Aid
- Purchase items for Microbiology Small Groups
Due September 10:
- Complete Required Health Insurance and Hard Waiver Process
- Enroll or submit waiver by September 10. Must complete each semester if not using UNC Health Insurance
- Spring Deadline: January 31