||Students are given the time and flexibility to complete a quality improvement project in a variety of medical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Surgery.
Examples of past and continuing projects include:
- Early Recognition of Maternal Hypertensive Urgency / Emergency Quality Improvement Projects
- Improving Pediatric Asthma Care at Coastal Family Medicine
- HIV Admissions at New Hanover Regional Medical Center Compared to National Trends
- Outpatient Prescription Refill Flow Mapping
- Sickle Cell Prevention of Hospitalization
- Emergency Department Utilization at Coastal Family Medicine
Click here to view examples of quality improvement projects completed by residents at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.