The fellowship training program in Cardiovascular Disease at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is a three-year ACGME-accredited program that uses the ERAS online application service and participates in the NRMP Match. All documents must be processed through ERAS and include three letters of reference (one must be from the Program Director of your ACGME-accredited training program in Internal Medicine).
- On July 7, applicants may apply to the program via ERAS.
- On July 21, ERAS PostOffice opens and applications can be downloaded by the program.
- Applications must be complete by August 6th – documents will not be downloaded past this date.
- Our institution only sponsors J1 visas at this time.
Given the ongoing uncertainties that exist in a post COVID-19 world, our 2021 Cardiology fellowship recruitment season will be conducted entirely virtually to create equity and standardization. This is in accordance with the recommendations by the Coalition for Physician Accountability, Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine, and the American College of Cardiology Program Directors and Graduate Medical Educators (PD & GME) Section. Interviews will take place via video teleconferencing in September and October. We look forward to “virtually” introducing you to all that UNC Cardiology has to offer!
Please check out this video from UNC GME to find out a little more about graduate medical education here at Carolina!
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited residency training program in Internal Medicine.
- ABIM board eligible or board certified.
Learn about Life in the Triangle.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer De La Cruz by email at Jennifer.Delacruz@unchealth.unc.edu.