The fellowship training program in Interventional Cardiology at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill is a one-year ACGME-accredited program that uses the ERAS online application service. All documents must be processed through ERAS and include three letters of reference (one must be from the Program Director of your ACGME-accredited training program in Cardiovascular Disease and one must be from an interventional cardiologist who can comment on your technical ability and potential).
There are three fully funded positions available each year. Selection is typically highly competitive from a large pool of eligible applicants with the top 10-15 candidates being invited for interview. Interviews will be held from January-March.
- On November 15, applicants may apply to the program via ERAS.
- On December 1, ERAS PostOffice opens and applications can be downloaded by the program.
- Applications must be complete by December 31 – documents will not be downloaded past this date.
- Our institution only sponsors J1 visas at this time.
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited training program in Cardiovascular Disease.
- ABIM board eligible or board certified.
- Diagnostic catheterization Level 2 (minimum of eight months experience over a three-year period) with at least 300 diagnostic cases.
Learn about Life in the Triangle.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer De La Cruz by email at Jennifer.Delacruz@unchealth.unc.edu.