Specialty Areas: adult and pediatric cystic fibrosis (CF), transition of CF patients, novel outcome measures in cystic fibrosis, cystic fibrosis TDN, adult critical care
Chronology : BS Cum Laude: The College of New Jersey, 2000; MD: The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/New Jersey Medical School, 2003; Residency: The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/New Jersey Medical School, 2003-2007, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics; Chief Residency: The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey/New Jersey Medical School, 2007-2008; Fellowship in Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine/Pediatric Pulmonology: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2008-2013; Clinical Instructor of Medicine and Pediatrics: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2013-2017; Assistant Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2017-present.
Dr. Goralski’s research interests include exploring novel imaging outcome markers for cystic fibrosis, particularly fluorine-enhanced MRI. She is active in many clinical research studies through the CF Therapeutics and Development Network, and was recently appointed to the Clinical Research Scholars Program through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. She serves as the Associate Director for the UNC Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center and is co-Medical Director of the UNC Pulmonary Clinics. She cares for patients in both the adult and pediatric CF clinics as well as in the medical ICU.
- Megalaa R, Gopalareddy V, Champion E, Goralski JL. Time for a gut check: Pancreatic sufficiency resulting from CFTR modulator use. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2019 May 7. doi: 10.1002/ppul.24353. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gunnell ET; Franceschi D; Hartman AE; Inscoe C; Goralski JL; Fordham LA; Sams CM; Lu J; Zhou O; Lee, YZ. Initial Clinical Evaluation of Stationary Digital Chest Tomosynthesis in Patients with Cystic Fibrosis. Eur Radiol. 2019 Apr;29(4):1665-1673.
- Bernstein A, Leigh M, Goralski JL, Esther Jr CR, McKinzie C. Use of Telavancin in Pediatric Patients with Cystic Fibrosis and Prior Intolerance to Vancomycin: A Case Series. J Cyst Fibros.2018 Nov;17(6):e48-e50. doi: 10.1016/j.jcf.2018.08.003. Epub 2018 Aug 28.
- Goralski JL, Wu D, Thelin R, Boucher RC, Button B. The In Vitro Effect of Hypertonic Saline on Airway Surface Liquid. Eur Respir J. 2018; 17;51(5). doi: 10.1183/13993003.02652-2017.
- Carrion A, Borowitz DS, Freedman SD, Siracusa CM, Goralski JL, Hadjiladis D, Srinivasan S, Stokes DC. Reduction of Recurrence Risk of Pancreatitis in Cystic Fibrosis with Ivacaftor: Case Series. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2018 Mar;66(3):451-454.
- McKinzie CJ, Goralski JL, Noah TL, Retsch-Bogart GZ, Prieur MB. Worsening anxiety and depression after initiation of lumacaftor/ivacaftor combination therapy in adolescent females with cystic fibrosis. J Cystic Fibrosis; 16 (2017) 525-527.
- Corcoran TE, Godovchik JE, Donn K, Busick D, Goralski JL, Locke LW, Markovetz MR, Myerburg MM, Muthukrishnan A, Weber L, Lacy RT and Pilewski JM. Overnight inhaled delivery of hypertonic saline by nasal cannula for cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2017 Sep; 52(9):1142-1149. doi: 10.1002/ppul.23749. Epub 2017 Jul 24. PMID: 28737262
- Goralski JL, Nasr SZ and Uluer A. Overcoming Barriers to a Successful Transition from Pediatric to Adult Care. Pediatric Pulmonology; 2017 Nov; 52(S48):S52-S60.
- Goralski JL and Davis, SD. Improving Complex Medical Care While Awaiting Next Generation CFTR Potentiators and Correctors—the Current Pipeline of Therapeutics. Pediatric Pulmonology; 2015 Oct; S40: S66-73.
- Hawkins A, Guttentag S., Deterding R., Funkhouser W., Goralski J., Chatterjee S., Mulugeta,S., and Beers M. The Non-BRICHOS SFTPC Mutant (SP-CI73T) Linked To Interstitial Lung Disease Promotes A Late Block In Macroautophagy Disrupting Cellular Proteostasis and Mitophagy. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2015 Jan 1;308(1):L33-47
- Goralski JL and Davis SD. Challenges and Limitations of Testing Efficacy of Aerosol Device Delivery in Young Children. Journal of Aerosol Medicine and Pulmonary Drug Delivery. August 2014, 27(4): 264-271. doi:10.1089/jamp.2013.1097.
- Goralski JL and Davis SD. Breathing Easier: Addressing the Challenges of Aerosolizing Medications to Infants and Preschoolers. Respiratory Medicine. 2014; Aug; 108(8):1069-74. doi: 10.1016/j.rmed.2014.06.004.
- Goralski JL and Donaldson SH. Hypertonic Saline for Cystic Fibrosis: Worth Its Salt? Expert Reviews in Respiratory Medicine. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2014. 2014 Jun;8(3):267-9. doi: 10.1586/17476348.2014.896203.
- Goralski JL, Lercher DM, Davis SD and Dellon ES. Eosinophilic Esophagitis: A Case Series and Review of the Literature. J of Cystic Fibrosis, 12 (2013), pp. 9-14.
- Goralski JL and Aris R. Achieving Optimal Bone Health in CF: Ready for Prime Time? Therapy 2011; 8 (6) 587-91.
- Goralski JL, Boucher RC, and Button B. Osmolytes and Ion Transport Modulators: New Strategies for Airway Surface Rehydration. Current Opinions in Pharmacology. 2010 Jun; 10(3) 294-9.
- Goralski JL, Bromberg PB, and Haithcock B. Intrapleural hemorrhage after administration of tPA: a case report and review of the literature. Therapeutic Advances in Respiratory Disease. 2009; 3(6) 295-300.