Geriatrics Specialty Clinic Provider: Yes
UNC Hospitals Provider: No
2004 – 2005: Residency: Geriatric Pharmacy Specialty, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, UNC Hospitals, The University of North Carolina. Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC
2000 – 2004: Doctor of Pharmacy, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Chapel Hill, NC
1998 – 2000: Undergraduate Pre-Pharmacy, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Chapel Hill, NC
2010 – present: Geriatric Clinical Pharmacy Practitioner, UNC Medical Center
2013-present: Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Pharmacy Practice and Experiential Education. Eshelman School of Pharmacy, UNC School of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2010 – 2014: Director, Geriatric Pharmacy Specialty Residency Program. UNC Hospitals/UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
2008 – 2013: Clinical Assistant Professor, Division of Pharmacy Practice and Experiential Education. Eshelman School of Pharmacy, UNC School of Medicine, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2004-2008: Geriatric Clinical Pharmacist, Medication Management Program for Older Adults, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, UNC Division of Geriatric Medicine, Center for Aging and Health, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2006 – 2007: Independent Allied Health Professor, UNC School of Medicine. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
2005 – 2007: Clinical Instructor, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
1. Roth MT, Ivey JL. Self-Reported Medication Use in Community-Residing Older Adults: A Pilot Study. American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy 2005;3(2):196.
2. Sloane P, Ivey J, Roth M, et al. Accounting for the Sedative and Analgesic Effects of Medication Changes During Patient Participation in Clinical Research Studies: Measurement Development and Application to a Sample of Institutionalized Geriatric Patients. Contemporary Clinical Trials 2008;29:140-148.
3. Sloane PD, Ivey J, Helton M, Barrick AL, Cerna A. Nutritional Issues in Long-Term Care. J Am Med Dir Assoc 2008 Sep;9(7):476.
4. Roth MT, Moore C, Ivey JL, et al. The Quality of Medication Use in Older Adults: Methods of a Longitudinal Study. The American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy 2008;6:220-233.
5. Roth MT, Watson L, Ivey J, et al. Methodology of a Pilot Study to Improve the Quality of Medication Use in Older Adults: Enhancing Quality in Psychiatry Using Pharmacists (EQUIPP). The American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy 2009;7(6): 362-372.
6. Roth MT, Esserman D, Ivey J, et al. Racial Disparities in the Quality of Medication Use in Older Adults: Baseline Findings from a Longitudinal Study. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2010 Mar;25(3):228-34.
7. Lewis C, Golin C, DeLeon C, Ivey J, et al. A Targeted Decision Aid for the Elderly to Decide Whether to Undergo Colorectal Cancer Screening: Development and Results of an Uncontrolled Trial. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 2010 Sep;10:54.
8. Roth MT, Esserman DA, Ivey JL, Weinberger M. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2011 Aug;9(4):250-8.
9. Crisp G, Burkhart JI, Esserman D, Weinberger M, Roth MT. Development and Testing of a Tool for Assessing and Resolving Medication-Related Problems in Older Adults in an Ambulatory Care Setting: The Individualized Medication Assessment and Planning (iMAP) Tool. The American Journal of Geriatric Pharmacotherapy 2011;9(6): 451-460.
10. Lauffenburger JC, Vu MB, Ivey Burkhart JL, Weinberger M, Roth MT. Design of a Medication Therapy Management Program for Medicare Beneficiaries: Qualitative Findings from Patients and Physicians. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2012;10(2): 129-138.
11. Watson LC; Esserman D; Ivey JL; Hansen R; Lewis CL, Weinberger M. Roth MT. Enhancing Quality in Psychiatry Using Pharmacists (EQUIPP). Am J Geriatr Psych, January 2013, published online.
12. Hansen RA; Esserman DA; Roth MT; Lewis C; Ivey Burkhart J; Weinberger M; Watson LC. Medication adherence measurement with the Medometer visual tool: comparison with other measures in a geriatric psychiatry pilot study. JAPhA 2013;53:198-205.
13. Roth MT, Ivey JL, Esserman DA, Crisp G, Kurz J, Weinberger M. Individualized medication assessment and planning: optimizing medication use in older adults in the primary care setting. Pharmacotherapy 2013;33(8):787-97.
14. Sloane P; Burkhart JI. Loving and Lamenting the Role of Medications on Long-Term Care. JAMDA 2013;14(6):384-5.
15. Hawes E; Misita C; Burkhart JI; et al. Prescribing pharmacists in the ambulatory care setting: Experience at the University of North Carolina Medical Center. AJHP 2016;73(18):1425-1433.
16. Howard M; Lipshutz A; Roess B; Hawes E; Deyo Z; Burkhart JI; Moll S; Shilliday B. Identification of risk factors for inappropriate and suboptimal initiation of direct oral anticoagulants. J Thromb Thrombolysis 2016; accepted for pub October.