Clinical Focus: Inflammatory bowel diseases.
Academic Interests: Investigating new strategies to treat inflammatory bowel diseases, studying the roles of bacteria in the development and perpetuation of inflammatory bowel diseases, in particular how bacteria respond to chronic intestinal inflammation.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Degree: Brigham Young University, Biochemistry
- Medical Degree: Indiana University School of Medicine
- PhD: Indiana University School of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology
- Residency: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Fellowship: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Gastroenterology
- Post-doctoral Research Fellowship: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Host-Microbial Interactions