UNC Liver Group
Drs. Neil Shah, C. Tom Nuzum, PA Scott Elliott, liver fellows.
Clinical Focus: GI disease processes and systemic effects; Patient education regarding chronic disease management strategies ( hepatic injury/ insult, IBD, GI cancer management, endoscopic procedures); social support systems in chronic disease management.
Academic Interests: Educational strategies for patients and social network members in management of chronic liver disease states. Implementation of health education models, such as the Health Belief Model and the Theory of Reasoned Action and the Theory of Planned Behavior in patient interactions
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Degree: Western Carolina University, Nursing
- Graduate Degree: Western Carolina University, Nursing
- Additional Degrees
- AASc: Salem College, Nursing
- BAHSA: St Mary’s College of California, Health Service Administration
- MAHS: San Jose State University, Health Sciences