Specialty Areas: Lung Transplantation, Transplant immunology, Interstitial lung disease, Advanced lung disease, Intensive care
Chronology: BA with distinction: The University of Virginia, 1997-2001; MD: The University of Virginia School of Medicine, 2001-2005; Internal Medicine Resident: Northwestern University School of Medicine, 2005-2008; Clinical Instructor: Northwestern University, 2008-2009; Pulmonary and Critical Fellow: The University of North Carolina, 2009-2012; Advanced Pulmonary Transplant Fellow: Duke University, 2012-2013; Assistant Professor of Medicne, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine: The University of North Carolina, 2013-2019; Medical Director of The Interstitial Lung Disease Clinic: The University of North Carolina, 2013-present; Medical Director of Pulmonary Transplant: The University of North Carolina, 2014-present, Associate Professor of Medicine 2019-present.
Dr Lobo’s research interests include lung transplant immunology, specifically HLA-antibodies and donor specific antibodies, infectious complications with lung transplant, immunology of interstitial lung disease, specifically auto-antibodies and ILD and possible therapies and lastly, stem cell therapy in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. He also runs the Interstitial Lung Disease clinic and is the Medical Director of Pulmonary Transplant at the University of North Carolina.
- Henry E, Cores J, Lobo LJ, et al. Adult Lung Spheroid Cells Contain Progenitor Cells and Mediate Regeneration in Rodents with Bleomycin-Induced Pulmonary Fibrosis. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2015 Nov;4(11):1265-74.
- Lobo LJ, Aris RM, Tulu Z, et al. Pan-resistant Achromobacter Xylosoxidans and Stenotrophomonas Maltophilia infection in cystic fibrosis does not reduce survival after lung transplantation. Transplantation. 2015 Oct;99(10):2196-202.
- Lobo LJ. Infectious Considerations for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis Undergoing Lung Transplantation. Ped Pulm. 2015 Oct; 50 (S41): 179-80.
- Lobo LJ, Zariwala MA, Noone PG. Advances in Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2015 Apr: 36(2):169-79.
- Lobo LJ, Lobo PI, Aris RM. Does Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury after Solid Organ Transplantation Damage Native Organs? Transplantation. 2014 Dec: 15;98(11):1149-50.
- Lobo LJ, Zariwala MA, Noone PG. Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. QJM. 2014 Sep;107(9):691-699.
- Lobo LJ, Noone PG. Respiratory infections in patients with cystic fibrosis undergoing lung transplantation. Lancet Respir Med. 2014 Jan;2(1):73-82.
- Lobo LJ, Reynolds JM., Snyder LD. Rituximab associated Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy After Lung Transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2013 July: 32(7):752.
- Lobo LJ, Chang LC., Esther CR, et al. Lung transplant outcomes in cystic fibrosis patients with pre-operative Mycobacterium abscessus respiratory infections. Clin Transplant 2013: 27: 523-529.
- Lobo LJ, Aris RM., Schmitz J, Neuringer IP. Donor Specific Antibodies are associated with increased Antibody Mediated Rejection and BOS after lung transplant in cystic fibrosis patients. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2013 Jan;32(1):70-7.
- Lobo LJ, Rojas-Balcazar JM, Noone PG. Recent Advances in Cystic Fibrosis. Clinics in Chest Medicine: June 2012; Volume 33(2), 301-328.
- Lobo LJ, Zariwala MA, Noone PG. Ciliary dyskinesia: primary ciliary dyskinesia in adults. European Respiratory monograph: Bronchiectasis; June 2011, Number 52: 130-149.
- Lobo LJ, Wunderink R. Lower Mortality in Necrotizing CA-MRSA CAP. Chest: July 2010; 138(1) 130-136.