Specialty Areas: Pulmonary hypertension, sarcoidosis, ARDS, sepsis, medical education
MD: Jordan University of Science and Technology (2003); Residency: Brown University, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, RI (2008-2011); Chief Medical Resident: Brown University, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (2012); Critical Care Fellowship: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN (2012-2014); Assistant Professor of Medicine: Brown University (2014-2016), RI; Clinical Instructor: Yale University (2016-2018), CT; Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC (2018-2020). Assistant Professor of Medicine: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC (2020-present).
Dr. Al-Qadi specializes in the management of pulmonary vascular disorders. He is part of the Pulmonary Hypertension Program at UNC. He also attends in the medical intensive care unit and inpatient pulmonary consult service.
Dr. Al-Qadi’s research interests include the hemodynamics of pulmonary hypertension and studying the inflammatory response to respiratory viral infections that results in cardiac and pulmonary vascular injury.
Selected Bibliography (reverse chronological order)
- Al-Qadi MO, Cartin-Ceba R, Kashyap R, Kaur S, Peters SG. The Diagnostic Yield, Safety, and Impact of Flexible Bronchoscopy in Non-HIV Immunocompromised Critically Ill Patients in the Intensive Care Unit. Lung. 2018 Dec;196(6):729-736.
- Al-Qadi MO. Disorders of the Chest Wall: Clinical Manifestations. Clin Chest Med. 2018 Jun;39(2):361-375.
- Aboelsoud M, Siddique O, Morales A, Seol Y, Al-Qadi MO. Early biliary drainage is associated with favorable outcomes in critically-ill patients with acute cholangitis. Prz Gastroenterol. 2018;13(1):16-21.
- Aboelsoud MM, Javaid AI, Al-Qadi MO, Lewis JH. Hypoxic hepatitis – its biochemical profile, causes and risk factors of mortality in critically-ill patients: A cohort study of 565 patients. J Crit Care. 2017 Oct;41:9-15.
- Al-Qadi MO, Erb CT. Hyperventilation (Not Ventilator)-induced Lung Injury. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017 Oct 1;196(7):936-937.
- Elhamamsy SM, Al-Qadi MO, Minami T, Neill M. Right in Front of Our Eyes: Evolution of Streptococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome with Ischemic Optic Neuropathy. R I Med J (2013). 2016 Dec 1;99(12):47-49.
- Daraghmeh AH, Bertoia ML, Al-Qadi MO, Abdulbaki AM, Roberts MB, Eaton CB. Evidence for the vitamin D hypothesis: The NHANES III extended mortality follow-up. Atherosclerosis. 2016 Dec;255:96-101
- Aboelsoud MM, Siddique O, Morales A, Seol Y, Al-Qadi MO. Fluid Choice Matters in Critically-ill Patients with Acute Pancreatitis: Lactated Ringer’s vs. Isotonic Saline. R I Med J (2013). 2016 Oct 4;99(10):39-42.
- Cartin-Ceba R, Diaz-Caballero L, Al-Qadi MO, Tryfon S, Fervenza FC, Ytterberg SR, Specks U. Diffuse alveolar hemorrhage secondary to ANCA-associated vasculitis: Predictors of respiratory Failure and clinical outcomes. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015 Dec 29.
- Marmoush FY, Al-Qadi MO, Barham WY, Abdin AM, Daraghmeh AH, Yammine JF. ‘Angina’ of the papillary muscle: an overlooked but reversible etiology of mitral regurgitation. R I Med J (2013). 2015 May 1;98(5):28-9.
- Al-Qadi MO, Reddy DR, Larsen BT, Iyer VN. Chronic pulmonary aspergillosis complicating bronchial atresia. Case Rep Med. 2014;2014:208963.
- Marmoush FY, Barbour MF, Noonan TE, Al-Qadi MO. Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy: A New Perspective in Asthma. Case Rep Cardiol. 2015;2015:640795.
- Schmickl CN, Pannu S, Al-Qadi MO, Alsara A, Kashyap R, Dhokarh R, Herasevich V, Gajic O. Decision Support Tool for Differential Diagnosis of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) vs Cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema (CPE): a Prospective Validation and Meta-Analysis. Crit Care. 201Nov 29;18(6):659.
- Al-Qadi MO, Maldonado F. Focal Tracheal Stenosis due to Intramural Hematoma following Endobronchial Ultrasound Transbronchial Needle Aspiration. J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2014 Jul;21(3):274-6. PMID: 24992139
- Al-Qadi MO, Artenstein AW, Braman SS. The “Forgotten Zone”: Acquired Disorders of the Trachea in Adults. Respir Med. 2013 Sep;107(9):1301-13. PMID: 23669413
- Al-Qadi MO, Al-Alwan A, Opal SM, Cilley B, Silverblatt FJ, Community Acquired Pneumonia. Med Health R I. 2010 Jul;93(7):196-200. PMID: 20707009