Professional Interests: Dr. Abichandani has a strong desire to further education in honing her clinical and technical skills, and is committed to a career in academic medicine by her ability to foster long-term, meaningful relationships with patients, being an effective leader in working professionally within interdisciplinary teams, participation in quality improvement projects, dedication to teaching, and interest in hospital administration to solve system-based problems in an efficient and thoughtful manner.
Personal Interests: reading fiction books, arts & crafts including knitting and cross-stitching, Bollywood dancing, traveling, watching musicals, board games and puzzles
Education and Training
- Undergraduate Degree: Drexel University, Biology
- Medical School: Drexel University, Internal Medicine
- Residency: University of Maryland Medical Center
- Chief Medical Resident: University of Maryland Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of North Carolina, Gastroenterology