Clinical Focus: Functional GI and motility disorders.
Academic Interests: As Vice Chair of Medicine, Spencer Dorn works to develop care models that best support clinicians and meet patients’ needs. As Vice Chief of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, he oversees the division’s clinical strategy and operations. He also serves as a UNC Lead Informatics Physician, conducts clinical trials for functional GI disorders, and examines the broad forces shaping gastroenterology practice.
Education and Training
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan, Political Science
- Medical School: State University of New York at Brooklyn
- Master of Public Health: University of North Carolina, Epidemiology
- Master of Health Administration: University of North Carolina, Health Policy and Management
- Residency: Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Fellowship: University of North Carolina, Gastroenterology