UNC Geriatrics in Chapel Hill
Telehealth and In-Clinic Visits Available
As we continue to navigate the Covid-19 pandemic, UNC Geriatrics will work with you to accommodate preferences for how you’d like to be seen. We are primarily seeing patients in clinic, however we can offer video visits if required. For clinic visits we ask that only one person accompany you and that you wear a mask. We will provide you with a clean mask as you enter our facility.
Award Winning and Highly Rated
UNC Geriatrics is the largest primary care practice in the Triangle focused exclusively on older adults. We work with patients 65 and older, and their families, to provide high-quality care that is grounded in the latest research and best practices; guide transitions from one level of care to another; and coordinate treatment with outside specialists. UNC Geriatrics typically sees patients who are 65 and older, however patients under 65 can be seen if they’re experiencing age-related issues such as dementia, falls, incontinence, or other geriatric syndromes.
Please download our clinic brochure here.
Patients rate UNC Geriatrics highly because we offer:
- physicians with board certifications in internal or family medicine and Geriatrics, so your primary care physician is also your aging specialist
- providers who are experts in aging health, including a neurologist, pharmacist, psychiatrist, and nurse practitioners
- a Geriatrics social worker to help with counseling and with referrals to outside resources
- a PharmD (pharmacist) to to help with medicine management and overmedication
- lab work and x-rays located conveniently onsite
Our providers can help with:
- Bladder and bowel control
- Falls risk and falls prevention
- Gait and walking issues
- Medication management and “de-prescribing”
- Memory issues and dementia
- Osteoporosis and bone health
- Transitions of care, and more
Carolina Care Excellence
Congratulations to our UNC Geriatrics clinic, a 2020 Carolina Care Excellence Award recipient for patient care. UNC Geriatrics is the only UNC Health primary care clinic to be recognized with this award. Under the medical directorship of the Division of Geriatric Medicine’s John S. Kizer, MD, UNC Geriatrics clinic has been a Carolina Care Excellence Award recipient for the past 5 years.