Areas of Interest
Barrett’s esophagus, esophageal cancer, eosinophilic esophagitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, achalasia, esophageal dysmotility disorders
Clinical Focus: Dr. Eluri specializes in taking care of patients with Esophageal Diseases, particularly Barrett’s esophagus. She is trained in the endoscopic treatment of Barrett’s esophagus and early stage esophageal cancer. She is also experienced in the medical and endoscopic management of various other esophageal diseases including eosinophilic esophagitis, esophageal strictures, esophageal dysmotility, swallowing disorders, and gastroesophageal reflux.
Academic Interests: Dr. Eluri’s research interests include improving screening and surveillance practices in Barrett’s esophagus, use of non-endoscopic screening modalities, treatment outcomes in eosinophilic esophagitis and swallowing disorders. Dr. Eluri has contributed to multiple articles and reviews to medical journals in the area of esophageal and other gastrointestinal diseases.
Education and Training
- UndergraduateUniversity of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Medical SchoolJohns Hopkins School of Medicine
- ResidencyJohns Hopkins School of Medicine – Osler Medical Residency
- FellowshipUniversity of North Carolina School of Medicine
- Other Graduate DegreesAdvanced Fellowship in Esophageal Diseases – University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Master of Science in Clinical Research – Gillings School of Global Public Health