Make a Gift
Ways to Make a Gift
The UNC Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology is committed to providing high quality, compassionate healthcare, advancing our understanding of digestive diseases and training future clinicians and researchers.Your donation to the division will support our ongoing research to develop new treatments and cures for those who suffer from gastrointestinal and liver diseases and to train the next generation of gastroenterologists and hepatologists at the bench and the bedside.
The Gastroenterology and Hepatology Excellence Fund allows the division chief, Nicholas J. Shaheen MD, MPH, to make timely decisions about where resources are needed the most.
The Fellows Fund supports our fellowship program, which prepares trainees for top academic and clinical positions by providing a strong foundation in patient care, research and teaching. The Fellows Fund helps us provide a comprehensive Fellowship Program, allowing Fellows to pursue research and leadership opportunities at national conferences and seminars; supports visiting lecturers from across the country and aids in funding educational materials and subscriptions.
The Mary Kay and Eugene Bozymski and Linda and William Heizer Distinguished Professorship along with The Nina C. and John T. Sessions Distinguished Professorship are the two endowed professorships specified for the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Endowed professorships provide important funds in perpetuity to support faculty salaries, research, teaching and the service activities of exceptional faculty members. One of the Division’s top fundraising priorities is to increase the number of endowed professorships to help recruit and retain outstanding faculty members.
How to Give
1. Make an online gift credit or debit card gift through our secure giving website. You may make a one-time gift or set up monthly credit or debit card gifts on this site.
2. To mail your gift, you may send a check, money order or cashier’s check made payable to The Medical Foundation to:
The Medical Foundation
880 MLK, Jr., Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Please add the name of the fund you want to support to the Memo line
3. You may set up a monthly bankdraft to support the division.
4. Faculty and staff of UNC may contribute to the Division via payroll deduction.
5. To make a gift of appreciated securities, stocks, bonds or mutual funds, and receive considerable tax advantages, please call Beth Braxton, Director of Development at 919-843-8254 for instructions.
To make a gift to support a specific priority or if you have any questions on supporting the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology please call Beth Braxton, Director of Development at 919-843-8254.