Areas of Interest
Non-malignant hematology, primarily bleeding disorders and sickle cell disease.
I am interested in the interaction between endothelium and coagulation proteins as well as blood cells. I have recently presented data showing an increase of factor Xa generation on endothelium in the presence of emicizumab and factor IXa. I am active in investigating the mechanism of thrombosis and thrombotic microangiopathy in the use of emicizumab and have an interest in improving the treatment of breakthrough bleeding in patients on emicizumab. I am more generally interested in the development of systems that can shed light on the mechanisms and complications of emerging, non-factor therapies for hemophilia.
Education and Training
- UndergraduateUniversity of Utah
- Medical SchoolThe Ohio State University
- ResidencyUniversity of Rochester Medical Center
- FellowshipUniversity of North Carolina Hospitals, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- FellowshipUniversity of North Carolina Hospitals, Medical Hematology