Treatment Options & Disease Management Tips
Sources of Information You Can Use:
The following are websites that provide useful information regarding a variety of medications and other treatment options — in addition to comprehensive background information and helpful insights — regarding rheumatologic, allergic, and immunologic diseases. When treating any medical condition, it is important that you speak with your healthcare provider before beginning or changing your treatment plan.
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology provides an “Allergy and Asthma Drug Guide,” with useful information on a wide variety of medication and other treatment options.
- For detailed information on allergies, ranging from how testing is performed, to what you can expect from treatment, consult the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology’s (ACAAI) “Allergy Treatment Guide.”
- Similarly, the ACAAI’s “Asthma Treatment Guide,” provides a wide variety of useful information ranging from the causes of asthma to the differences in asthma medications.
- The American College of Rheumatology (ACR) provides helpful information regarding some of the most common medications and therapies used to treat rheumatic diseases, including safety tips, possible side effects, and topics you should consider discussing with your doctor if you are taking one of these treatments.
- The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) provides a comprehensive listing of diseases, complete with definitions and an easy-to-navigate Q&As for patients.
- The Arthritis Foundation’s website provides a very wide variety of background information regarding common approaches to treating arthritis, including medications, non-pharmaceutical approaches, tips on pain management, and suggestions for how to stick to your treatment plan.
- The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology website provides a ”Fast Facts” section with useful information regarding the causes, diagnosis, treatments and broader health impact of lupus.