Skip to main content

We have established a shared email address for all travel related questions and requests. Please email for all travel correspondence.

Faculty, Staff, and Postdocs

  1. Please obtain pre-travel approval by submitting a Concur Request for all travel which includes airfare, lodging, and/or meal per diem. The established naming convention for all travel requests is: “Name of Location_Purpose of Travel” Example: Vanderbilt University_Invited Talk or Waynesboro Virginia_MAMP Conference.
  2. Once approved, please utilize the Concur Travel booking tool or contact the University’s Authorized Travel Agency to book airfare.
    • T&E Card Account holders will use their T&E Card for all travel expenses EXCEPT food and airfare. Food is not reimbursable because a daily allowance will be provided. Airfare can only be booked through Concur/World Travel. *Do not book any travel on a personal credit card and expect reimbursement.
    • Non-T&E Card Account holders will use Concur for booking airfare and the department P-card for registration/membership renewal. During the trip your personal credit card will be used for all travel expenses, EXCEPT food, and submit receipts in Concur AFTER the trip for reimbursement.
    • Conference Registration fees and Professional Business-Related Membership Dues may be paid on the T&E card. Non-T&E Card holders should contact for use of the department P-Card. *Do not pay Dues or Registration on a personal credit card and expect reimbursement.
    • Third-Party Vendors for lodging (e.g. Airbnb, VRBO) still require authorization. Please attach this completed form to the Concur request:
  3. Reimbursement: Submit expense reports for approval in Concur Expense; reports may be submitted through the web-based version of Concur or through the Concur Mobile App.

If you need a staff member’s help, please email , and we can assist you in this process.

Students & Guests

  1. Please fill out the following Pre-Authorization Travel Request Form which best applies to your situation, and then send it to . Once sent, a staff member will be in touch regarding the next steps in the process.


International Travel

  • Anyone traveling internationally will start the travel process by downloading the appropriate approval form from the UNC International Travel website as it pertains to your affiliation with UNC.
  • Everyone except students will need to have their form singed by the Department Chair and uploaded to their Concur travel request. Students will have their form signed by their mentor and uploaded to the graduate school.
  • Everyone is required to have EVAC insurance. Once you have your travel request approved and have secured flights, complete this form and email it to Janet Hoernke. Be sure to include your start coverage date in the email subject line.