How NC-PAL Works
What types of questions can we help with?
- Consultation on diagnoses, medication, and psychotherapy interventions for a wide range of perinatal mental health needs (e.g. mental health care guides, screening forms)
- Guidance on behavioral health issues including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, intimate partner violence, and substance use
- Connection with community resources
- Information on government programs (e.g. enrolling families for WIC, Medicaid for Pregnant Women)
- Referral to telepsychiatry services (if appropriate)
What types of resources and referrals do we provide?
Local resources and referrals are available for those providers in Franklin, Granville, Halifax, Person, Vance, and Warren counties. Additional resources and referrals will be available for other NC counties as needed.
- Behavioral health services (e.g. substance use programs, psychotherapy, family therapy)
- Home visiting programs
- Support groups
- Housing (e.g. women’s shelters, rapid rehousing initiatives, assistance with affordable housing)
- Governmental assistance programs (e.g. WIC, TANF, Medicaid for Pregnant Women)