- Assistant Professor of Neurology – Neurogenetics
- Certified Genetic Counselor
Genetic counselors work with patients to help them understand and adapt to the medical, psychological, and familial implications of genetic disorders. In my own practice, I aim to provide personalized genetics education while recognizing genetic conditions and genetic testing can often be confusing, complicated, and uncomfortable. I work to provide a supportive space that allows us to explore these questions and emotions to better understand how they may affect complex medical decision-making. Together, my goal is to make patients feel included in and knowledgeable about their medical care. Nobody deserves to navigate a genetic diagnosis alone, and I am thankful to be on a team that consistently works towards preventing this.
- Pediatric and Adult Neurogenetics
- Certified Genetic Counselor, American Board of Genetic Counseling
- BS in Biology – University of Georgia
- MS in Genetic Counseling – University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences