The UNC Movement Disorders Center provides the following services for their patients:
- Outpatient care at the UNC Neurology Clinic at 194 Finley Golf Course Road in Chapel Hill.
- Deep Brain Stimulation therapy (implantation and subsequent programming);
- Neuropsychological evaluation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders;
- Botulinum toxin injections for cervical dystonia (spasmodic torticollis), blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm, cranial dystonia, focal limb dystonia, writer’s cramp, and drooling;
- Genetic counseling;
- Referral to Parkinson’s disease rehabilitation services (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy with Lee Silverman voice technique);
- Clinical research trails;
- Outreach services to teach the physician community and the lay community about the latest advances in movement disorder research and to assist local support groups in area of movement disorders.