GUIDELINES for STROKE CARE
Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Jauch, EC, Saver, JL, Adams, HP et. al. Stroke. 2013; 44: 870-947.
- Expansion of the Time Window for Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke With Intravenous Tissue Plasminogen Activator. A Science Advisory From the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Del Zoppo GJ, Saver JL, Jauch EC, Adams HP Jr; on behalf of the American Heart Association Stroke Council. Stroke. 2009 May 28.
- Indications for the performance of intracranial endovascular neurointerventional procedures: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention, Stroke Council, Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia, Interdisciplinary Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease, and Interdisciplinary Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research. Meyers PM, Schumacher HC, Higashida RT, Barnwell SL, Creager MA, Gupta R, McDougall CG, Pandey DK, Sacks D, Wechsler LR; American Heart Association. Circulation. 2009 Apr 28;119(16):2235-49.
- Guidelines for the management of spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Morgenster, LB, Hemphill, JC, Anderson, C et. al. Stroke. 2010; 41: 2108-2129.
- Guidelines for the management of Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Connolly, E, Rabinstein, AA, Carhuapoma, JR et. al. Stroke. 2012; 43; 1711-1737.
Transient Ischemic Attack:
- Definition and evaluation of transient ischemic attack: a scientific statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council. Easton JD, Saver JL, Albers GW, Alberts MJ, et al. Stroke. 2009 Jun;40(6):2276-93.
- Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in patients with stroke and transient ischemic attack. Kernan, WN, Ovbiagele, B, Black, HR et. al. Stroke. 2014; 45: 2160-2236
- Comprehensive Overview of Nursing and Interdisciplinary Care of the Acute Ischemic Stroke Patient: A Scientific Statement From the American Heart Association. Summers, D, Leonard, A., et al. Stroke. 2009 (40):2911-2944.