The goal of the UNC Adult Neurology Residency Program is to train outstanding clinical neurologists and to foster our residents’ interest in teaching and academic neurology. This is accomplished through extensive exposure to clinical neurology and thoughtful didactics in a collegial and nurturing environment. Through the course of our training program, residents progressively obtain greater independence and autonomy as they gain more experience in managing patients.
Vision for UNC Neurology Residency
As developed by our residents
- We are committed to excellence in the delivery of neurological care.
- We place the needs, well-being and comfort of our patients above and beyond all other considerations.
- We strive to provide care that is accessible and is high quality.
- We commit to provide effective, efficient, compassionate, economically competitive, responsive, and patient-centered care to all our patients.
- We will respect patient choice.
- We develop and foster a team–based, collegial, positive-learning environment.
- Patients come first.
- Do your best to make the lives of the people you work with easier.
- Split the work as fairly as possible.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Be nice, even when you are really tired.
- Let someone know if you need help.