UNC Diversity in STEM Conference
When: Thursday, November 8, 2018, George Watts Hill Alumni Center, UNC Campus
The annual IMSD Research Symposium will be partnering with the Chancellor’s Science Scholars Program to present the UNC Diversity in STEM Conference on Thursday November 8, 2018 at the George Watts Hill UNC Alumni Center.
This event aims to:
- Provide a space for diverse scientists in STEM to engage, connect, and network.
- Showcase the research achievements and further the careers of diverse students in the sciences.
- Engage with national advocates for diversity in an effort to raise the university’s consciousness and ability to address diversity in STEM.
- Provide a developmental learning experience for faculty and administrators who are in positions to support ethnic minorities and women in STEM.
We encourage your attendance and participation in this yearly event to network, converse, and showcase the research being done among our talented trainees.
This year, the schedule will include two keynote speakers, Dr. Juan Gilbert, the Banks Preeminence Endowed Professor and Department Chair of Engineering at the University of Florida, and Dr. Jabbar Bennett, the Associate Provost and Chief Diversity Officer and Associate Professor of Medicine at Northwestern University. The event will also include a student poster session as well as a panel discussion on Diversifying the STEM Pathway.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
We invite you to submit an abstract to present a poster. The best poster presentations will be awarded prizes!
- 500-word limit
- Submit via online form and include: full name, home institution & department, institution where research was conducted (if different from home institution), and current level/classification (graduate, undergraduate, or post-doc)
- Submission deadline is Friday, October 12, 2018. Presenters will be notified by October 24, 2018 if their abstract has been selected.
Additional Questions? Email email@example.com