Conference Support for Faculty & Staff
UNC SOM faculty are encouraged to pursue professional development opportunities that align with Office of Medical Education strategic priorities and present their educational scholarly work at conferences to raise visibility of work being done at UNC.
Factors that will be taken into consideration to make awards:
- You must be the primary presenter (e.g. lead author on poster).
- Only one award per presentation (i.e. if co-presenting, only one is eligible).
- Only one travel award of this type will be offered each academic year unless OME strategic priorities make it essential for you to travel multiple times.
- History of prior OME Faculty Travel awards will be taken into consideration
- The maximum award in grant funds is $3000.
- Eligible expenses include conference registration, transportation costs, lodging and meals.
- Alternative funding mechanisms such as your home department and external grants must be explored prior to requesting this research travel award.
- Registration fees can be paid in advance
- Plane tickets should be purchased through the University Travel Agency
- Hotel, meals and other transportation expenses are awarded after travel has occurred. Funds are advanced only if waiting until the expenses have been incurred would cause an extreme hardship.
- If awarded, supporting documentation must be submitted no later than 30 days after travel occurs for reimbursement.
Requests for funding must be made 14 days before the conference. Complete the application and attach accompanying documents.
The completed form and accompanying document should be emailed to Dr. Gary Beck Dallaghan.
A selection committee will review all faculty applications. The committee will not review applications that do not meet the criteria above.