Manager of Research Administration
- Masters of Public Health Leadership, UNC School of Public Health, 2005 – 2010
- Tar Heel Certificate Program in Research Administration, 2004 – 2005
- Certificate in Core Public Health Concepts, UNC School of Public Health, 2003 – 2005
- BA, University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point, 1999, Sociology
- Cassandra J. Barnhart has been with the department since 2000. She has held several research positions including DRCR Retina Network Site Monitor, and is one of the presenters on the UNC Orientation for New Clinical Research Personnel curriculum through the North Carolina Translational and Clinical Sciences Institute. She is currently the Manager for Research Administration and Director of Clinical Trials in the Department of Ophthalmology, and also serves on the research management team for the UNC Global HIV Prevention and Treatment Clinical Trials Unit. Sandy has been a member of the UNC Network for Research Professionals Steering Committee since 2014. Sandy received her BA from the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point and her MPH from the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health.
- 1st Vice President, GFWC NC District 4, 2016-present.
- President, Mebane Woman’s Club, 2016-present.
- Vice President, Mebane Woman’s Club, 2015.
- Member, Mebane Bike and Pedestrian Plan Safety Committee, 2014-2015.
- Secretary, Mebane Woman’s Club, 2014-2015.
- Coalition Member, Mebane on the Move, 2013-present.
- Community Outreach Co-Coordinator, Mebane on the Move, 2013-2015.
- Member, Mebane Woman’s Club, 2013-present.
- Member, UNC Association for Women Faculty and Professionals, 2012-present.
- Member, UNC NCRP, 2012-present.
- Steering Committee, UNC NRP, 2014-present.
- Advisory Board, Women’s Eye Health, 2009-present.
- Executive Board, Women’s Eye Health, 2015-present.
- Member, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 2009-present.
- Associate Professional Member, Global Health Council, 2006-present.
- Member, Association of Clinical Research Professionals, 2004-present.
- Volunteer, Open Door Clinic, Wake County, 2004-2005.
- Diabetes Care Blindness Prevention Initiative of Wake County, 2003-2005.
- Volunteer Coordinator, NC Pride, 2000-2005.
- Assistant Facilitator, AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, 1999-2000.