LASIK at UNC Laser Vision Center
Call 984-974-2020 to schedule your screening appointment to determine if LASIK is the right option for you and your vision.
- To find out if LASIK at UNC Laser Vision Center in Chapel Hill is the best option for improving your vision, please call 984-974-2063 to schedule a FREE screening. We are located just off of Interstate 40, exit 273 towards Chapel Hill.
- LASIK Specialists
- The following videos are intended to help you learn more about what to expect when it comes to laser vision correction.
- Is LASIK the right choice for you?
- What is LASIK?
- LASIK (laser in situ keratomileusis) is an outpatient surgical procedure used to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. LASIK cannot reverse presbyopia, the age-related loss of close-up focusing power, which mainly affects near vision.
- How LASIK Works
- LASIK is performed in an outpatient surgical setting, with the patient reclining under a surgical device called an excimer laser.
- Risks, side effects, and complications of LASIK
- LASIK, like any surgery, has potential risks, complications, and side effects that should all be carefully considered before you decide to have surgery. Be sure to discuss these, along with any other concerns, with your UNC Eye M.D.
- Who is NOT a LASIK candidate?
- It helps to know who is not a LASIK candidate. It is NOT RECOMMENDED that you pursue LASIK surgery if: