Fully Integrated Readiness for Service Training (FIRST)
Congrats to Catherine Coe who was named Director of FIRST!
A THREE-year accelerated and enhanced medical school curriculum to fast-track into a NC Family Medicine Residency, followed by three years of service in North Carolina with ongoing support in practice. Applications are due in January of MS1 year and the customized Curriculum starts in March of Foundation Phase.
- Enhanced curricular activities
- Continuity patient panel from the first day
- Family Medicine faculty and resident mentorship
- Curriculum starts in March of first year
- Early responsibility
- Patient relationships
- Enhanced feedback
- Population health
- Efficient medical education
- Clinical track in Chapel Hill
- Highest priority in the match for UNC and affiliated North Carolina Family Medicine Residency Programs
- Partnerships with the Office of Rural Health for links to service in North Carolina