Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
A diverse and inclusive learning environment is key to quality education and training in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the UNC School of Medicine.
After a summer hiatus, Anesthesiology DEI is back with another Table Talks session. This time discussing the “Land Back” movement.
Please join us on Tuesday, September 14, at 6 pm
Please Review Prior to Session:
- Return the National Parks to the Tribes, David Treuer, Atlantic (May 2021) PDF included
- Should Native Americans control national parks? Examining an argument for reparations (8 minute video with David Treuer
Extra Readings and Videos:
- The Case for Reparations, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Atlantic (June 2014) PDF included
- CNN Story: Indigenous people across the US want their land back — and the movement is gaining momentum
- Returning the Land Four Indigenous leaders share insights about the growing landback movement and what it means for the planet