Palliative Care Consult Service
Interdisciplinary palliative care consultations are available on all inpatient adult services at UNC Hospitals. Consultations are also available to adult outpatients with cancer in the Oncology Clinics at UNC through the Supportive Care Consultation Service. Consults provide input from trained physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers and pharmacists.
Palliative Care consults are available on all inpatient adult services.
Patients with serious or life-limiting illness and their families can benefit from the consult service if they have one or more of the following:
- Pain or other troublesome physical symptoms
- Emotional, psychological or spiritual suffering
- Concerns about difficult treatment decisions
- Coordination of care and treatments among doctors and nurses at all stages of an illness
- Complex care needs that make it difficult leaving the hospital
Patients who have been served include adult inpatients on the following services: critical care, family medicine, general medicine, geriatrics, gynecology, neurology, oncology, psychology, rehabilitation medicine, and surgery.
For additional information please view our Palliative Care brochure
Hospital Consultation: Please page the Palliative Care Consult Adult Service via WebXchange.