We are excited to have provided more than 8,000 COVID-19 vaccinations in our first week across UNC Health! As we continue to improve this process, healthcare personnel in Phase 1A may now schedule their own COVID-19 vaccination appointment online after confirming their eligibility with NC DHHS and completing a pre-screening questionnaire.
Follow the detailed steps below to schedule your appointment online:
Step 1: You will receive an email message from DHHS with the subject line of ‘Thanks for Signing up’ – Use the link in that email to confirm your eligibility with the state.
- If you don’t receive an email from DHHS, try using these steps to reset your account/password with the state.
- Contact us at email@example.com if you still do not receive a message from DHHS.
Step 2: Use this intranet link to complete a screening questionnaire:
- Review the disclaimer message and complete the pre-screen questions. The pre-screen questionnaire is available in both English and Spanish.
- Please note that if schedulers cannot confirm your registration in the state’s COVID-19 Vaccine Management System, the scheduling team will attempt to call you and your appointment may be canceled.
Step 3: If eligible, select the scheduling link. Clicking this link will open the scheduling tool in a new window. This tool is only available in English; please see your manager if you need assistance with the scheduling tool.
Step 4: Choose the location, date and time that is most convenient for you to receive the first dose of your COVID-19 vaccine (see a screenshot of the scheduling tool).
- You will see availability across several COVID Vaccine Clinics. You can filter these results to narrow your search to a specific location if you prefer.
- Please note: You must receive your second dose of the vaccine at the same location where you receive your first.
- Please speak to your manager about the best time to receive your vaccine to ensure we maintain adequate staffing on our units. Providers should review their schedules similarly.
- If you need help finding an appointment location, download the UNC Health wayfinding app on the Apple App store or the Google Play store.
Step 5: Once you select an appointment, a comment box will open asking you for a “reason for visit” (see a screenshot of the “reason for visit” screen); please enter “COVID-19 vaccine” and click the “Schedule it!” button.
Step 6: Finalize your appointment in My UNC Chart by entering your login information or by continuing as a guest:
- If you have a MyChart account, log into your account. Once you have logged, you will see an appointment confirmation. If you do not see an appointment confirmation message and you have completed the steps above please call 984-215-4485
- If you DO NOT have a MyChart account, you can continue as a guest:
- When logging-in as a guest, you will see this screen prompting you to confirm your appointment.
- When you click confirm, you will be asked to provide demographic information. These fields are required to complete your registration.
- You will also be prompted to enter insurance information. This field is not required; you DO NOT need to provide your insurance information in these fields
- Once you have entered your demographic information, complete the CAPTCHA then click the “Schedule it!” button.
- After confirming your appointment in MyChart, you will receive this confirmation message
Step 7: Arrive at your scheduled appointment time and take your shot! Your second shot will be scheduled while you are at the COVID Vaccine Clinic.