As we begin to vaccinate our co-workers against COVID-19, we need your help to guide your teams through the process.If you have co-workers who have been identified as 1A
- Co-workers should discuss with their managers if they think they should be included/excluded from the initial distribution.
- If you received a Phase 1A invitation email, but work solely in an area which seems lower risk, please delay scheduling your vaccine appointment to ensure we can first vaccinate all of our healthcare personnel working with COVID patients or at high risk of contact with COVID patients. If you are unsure, please contact your manager.
- Co-workers identified as 1A should work with their manager to schedule their vaccination appointment.
- Managers should consider impact on the schedule if workforce members experience side effects that result in an absence and stagger appointments in order to minimize potential staffing shortages.
If you have a co-worker who believes they should be in the 1A group but have not received notification from UNC Health:
- UNC Hospitals co-workers: send co-worker information to your HR Business Partner. Hospital-based UNC Faculty Physicians co-workers should follow the guidance in the next bullet
- UNC School of Medicine and Faculty Physicians employees: SOM/FP co-workers that report to Jeanne Dellicarri and Dr. Matt Mauro: please escalate to your managers who will then escalate to your ACA/Business Manager. ACAs and Business managers will receive instructions from Matt Hawkins.
We are currently developing our vaccination plans for Phase 1B and will share updates with you as soon as they are finalized.
Find all of the guidance that has been shared with UNC Medical Center Managers here. For more information on our vaccine preparedness efforts, visit this page, or review our regularly updated FAQs in English or Spanish. Please send any questions you have to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org