Child Care Resources
The Virtual Child Care Task Force has compiled a list of resources for UNC families who may be struggling to find child care options.
- Emergency Childcare Subsidy Program for UNC Health & UNC School of Medicine Co-workers – Applications due December 21, 2020
- Juggle is a network of vetted sitters (specifically UNC students and recent grads) to take care of your children at your home. Download the app for more details. Use Referral Code: UNCHealth
- YMCA Scholastic Support Centers – The local YMCAs have established a program to provide childcare and academic support for dependents.
- NCDHHS – Child Care Subsidy (Help Paying for Child Care) – uses state and federal funds to provide subsidized child care services to eligible families.
- The Child Care Services Association (CCSA) compiled a list of resources to help support safe child care.
- The Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club of Durham providing academic support centers that mimic the school day but at their locations.
- The Families and Schools Together (FAST) Initiative strives to bring community partners together to help address the childcare crisis facing our community.
- The Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools list of child care resources and academic support.