Mission Statement and Program Goals
To produce compassionate and scholarly physicians who will become leaders in their chosen field. At the completion of residency our graduates will be superbly prepared to begin a career as a generalist or to pursue further training as a sub-specialist.
- To provide a comprehensive, well-integrated training experience in internal medicine and pediatrics
- To provide a combined Med-Peds continuity clinic experience where residents serve as the primary physician for a panel of pediatric and adult patients over the course of their training
- To foster compassionate delivery of health care and to offer opportunities to work with underserved populations both locally and internationally
- To provide a collegial environment where residents feel supported, especially as related to their unique individual goals
- To promote an atmosphere of scholarly inquiry where residents participate in quality improvement and research projects
- To promote Med-Peds faculty development and to support the mentoring of Med-Peds residents