Resident Life – The Social Side of Things
The UNC Internal Medicine-Pediatrics program strives to have balance between work and play…and there is life outside of work! Since residency can be challenging, we pride ourselves in making sure that we are a family-friendly environment. We strive to make sure we are not just co-residents, but family.
Our residents are invited to the social events and activities of both categorical programs as well as unique Med-Peds events!
What do we do for fun….I’m glad you asked?!
- Softball and Kickball teams
- Jordan Lake
- Local breweries
- Live Performing Arts and Concerts — DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center, Cat’s Cradle, Walnut Creek Amphitheater, NC Theater in Raleigh)
- Interview dinners with upcoming interns
- Hello/Good-bye dinner
- Spring picnic
- Medicine Intern Picnic
- Strawberry picking
- Frankie’s fun park
- Frozen yogurt social
- Durham Bulls baseball game
- Weekly MedPeds support lunches
- Fridays on the Front porch
- Winternfest (bon fire, food, etc)
- Intern & senior retreat
- Pool parties
- Local hikes and trail runs