Day at Cone Health
Thank you for your interest in the University of North Carolina Pediatric Primary Care Residency! We are thrilled to have you visit our facilities in Greensboro to help you get a better understanding of this unique program.
2017-2018 Available Dates
- October 26
- November 2
- November 9
- November 16
- November 30
- December 7
- December 14
- January 11
On the day of your scheduled visit, one of our faculty members will meet you in the. Please arrive at 9:30am.
The day will give you a chance to see the venues that our residents work in, ask questions, and meet many of the residents, faculty, and staff:
- 9:30am: Meet at Teaching Program Office
- 9:45am to 10:45am: Rounds on the Pediatric Floor & PICU and tour of Pediatric Emergency Room
- 11:00am to 11:30am: Newborn nursery at Women’s Hospital
- 11:45am to 12:15pm: Cone Health Center for Children (site of PC resident continuity clinic)
- 12:30pm to 1:30pm: Lunch with Residents
- 1:30pm: Optional tour of Greensboro
We look forward to your visit.
Kaye Gable, MD
Pediatric Teaching Program Office at Cone Health
Address and Phone:
1200 North Elm Street
Greensboro, NC 27401
Pediatric Teaching Program Office
Room 1W140 West Wing
Directions (from Chapel Hill):
- Traveling I-85 South /I-40 West
- At the I85/I40 split, stay on the right hand side which is I40 (also labeled exit 131).
- Then take the next exit, exit 227 to highway 70 which is 1/4 mile away.
- This will take you over to highway 70. At the bottom of the exit ramp, stay right towards Greensboro and exit onto US 70 West, towards Greensboro.
- US 70 becomes Wendover Avenue. Stay on Wendover Ave. for approximately 5 miles, you will pass Yanceyville Rd., go over the bridge, and at the stoplight, turn right onto Church Street.
- The next stop light turn left onto Northwood Street. Moses Cone Hospital will be on your right.
- Turn right into the 2nd entrance then immediately left to the Hospital Visitor Parking Deck.
- Follow the walkway to the AHEC entrance. Go to your right and take the first set of elevators to the 1st floor, go down the short hall and room 1W140 Pediatric Teaching Program is just down the hall on the left. We are in the West Wing of the hospital.