Residents of the combined program receive compensation and benefits packages like all UNC Residents, such as great low-cost options for health and dental insurance. Additional benefits include:
- Step 3 Reimbursement ($830 value)
- ASA Basic & Advanced Board Exam Reimbursement
- $2000 education fund through the Department of Anesthesia (to be used for books or conferences)
- Board prep resources including the review book Laughing Your Way to Passing Pediatric Boards
- FREE FOOD!!! Intern lunches with both departments, recruitment breakfasts & lunches, snacks for journal clubs, and random pizza parties!
- Monthly allowance of Freedom Pay money that is good at all three cafeterias on UNC campus AND Starbucks!
- iPad Mini at the beginning of Academic Medicine Rotation in November of PGY-1
- ACLS, PALS, and Neonatal Resuscitation Training
- Pediatrics and Anesthesiology annual class retreats
- Pediatrics Winterpalooza – fellows and attendings cover ALL resident shifts for a night of games, movies, and free food!