Your child’s primary care provider is the person you can count on to provide preventive health care, help you teach your child healthy behaviors, diagnose and treat common medical conditions, and even offer parenting advice and support.
Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
What is the UNC Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine?
We are a group of health care providers who:
- Have expertise in comprehensive care of children, from birth to early adult years, in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings.
- Are the foundation of pediatric residency education, which produces future pediatricians who provide outstanding health care to children in North Carolina and the United States of America.
- Perform clinical care, research, teaching and advocacy dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all children by:
- Improving the quality of primary health care; and
- Understanding, preventing and addressing major causes of child, adolescent and young adult morbidity and mortality.
What is our vision?
We will be the leading general pediatrics division in the United States by providing high quality and comprehensive patient- and family-centered care, innovative teaching and groundbreaking research that impacts practice and policy.
General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine
231 MacNider Hall
CB# 7225; 301B S. Columbia St.
UNC School of Medicine
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7225
Academic Office Telephone: (919) 966-2504 and Fax: (919) 966-3852
Please check the hospital website for information on clinic hours and appointments.