The Five Carolina Summer Fellows presented their research July 23, 2013 and received Certificates for completing the program.
Photo above: Carolina Summer Fellows hold their certificates after presenting their research. Pictured are (L to R): Jennifer Frevert, Raul Doyle, Jakovin Lee, Alex Sabol, and Kinsey Qi.
The titles of their talks were:
- Jennifer Frevert, Kash Lab: “Evaluation of a new method for lesioning inhibitory neurons”
- Raul Doyle, Nichols Lab: “Regulation of the MtrCDE Efflux pump by the Gonococcal efflux pump gene Regulator (GepR)”
- Jakovin Lee, McCarthy Lab: “Investigating the Role of Gq Signaling in the Regulation of the Cardiovascular System”
- Alex Sabol, Graves Lab: “Investigation into EZH2 Inhibitors and their Impact on FLT3 in Acute Myeloid Leukemia”
- Kinsey Qi, Nicholas Lab: “Identification of the PDZ protein and associated kinase involved in internalization of the P2Y1 receptor”
Our congratulations to all!