Pharmacology held its annual Holiday Celebration and End of Year Awards at the Carolina Club Dec. 6. There were 10 winners and a new award! Congratulations to this years award winners!
The department turned out for a fun evening of food, entertainment by the Loreleis and lots of good cheer! End of year awards were announced with 10 winners and a new award, the Pharmacology Service and Outreach Award. Lots of very nice door prizes were given away as well!
Winners of the End of Year awards are as follows:
Staff Excellence Awards
The Staff Excellence awards recognize the excellence in our Administrative and Research Staff. These Awards are given to individuals whose performance goes above and beyond their regular duties.
Administrative Staff Award Winners
- Arlene Sandoval, Executive Assistant to the Chair
- Eileen McElhinney, Human Resources Consultant
Research Staff Award Winner
- Derek Bolhuis, Research Technician in the Brown Lab
Our Pharmacology Scholar Awards recognize meritorious contributions by PhD or MD/PhD Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows for the betterment of our department. We received many excellent nominations and it was very difficult to choose our award winners. The awardees all showed great achievement in their scientific research and were highly involved in outreach, leadership, and event participation.
Postdoctoral Fellow Scholar Award
- Hechen Bao, graduate student in the Song Lab
Graduate Student Scholar Awards
- Blaide Woodburn, graduate student in the Swanstrom Lab
- Juanita Limas, graduate student in the Cook Lab
Thomas Collum Butler Award
The Thomas Collum Butler Award recognizes the outstanding work of a PhD or MD/PhD PHCO Graduate Student currently working in a core or joint PHCO lab. Selection is on the basis of merit.
The Thomas Collum Butler Award
- Waylin Yu, graduate student in the Kash Lab
New Award: Pharmacology Service and Outreach Award
So many in our community are working inside and outside our PHCO walls to advocate science, our department and help others and we couldn’t be more proud of the difference they are making.
Pharmacology Service and Outreach Awards
- Lucas Aponte-Collazo, graduate student in the Graves Lab
- Natalie Hewitt Valentin, graduate student in the Dohlman Lab
The Chair Award
The Chair Award was created by Henrik as a way to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of a person in our PHCO community.
- Laura Herring, Assistant Professor and Director of the Proteomics Core
Congratulations to all our award winners!
Congratulationss to everyone who won a door prize as well! We hope everyone had a good time and joins us next year for the awards ceremony and holiday celebration!