Pharmacology held an Alumni Career Symposium May 16, 2013
The Pharmacology Department held an Alumni Career Symposium May 16, 2013. Sixteen alumni attended, along with current graduate students, postdocs and faculty members. Five alumni speakers were invited to speak about their current work:
- Steve Traynelis, (Dingledine lab, 1988), Professor, Pharmacology, Emory University
- Claire Townsend (Rosenberg lab, 1995), Section Head, Cellular Reagents and Assay Development, Molecular Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline, Pharma
- Mark Larson (Parise lab, 2003), Associate Professor, Biology, Augustana College
- Dayle Houston Cohen (Harden lab, 2007), Global Medical Writer, PPD
- Marilee Shelton-Davenport (McCarthy lab, 1999), Senior Program Officer, National Academy of Sciences.
The symposium included a luncheon prior to the talks with a BBQ reception following. The symposium was part of the Carolina Biosciences Alumni Reunion, celebrating the 5th anniversary of the highly successful BBSP (Biological & Biomedical Sciences Program) that unifies biosciences graduate admissions, programs and curricula.
Speakers pictured in the above photo are (L to R): Dayle Houston Cohen, Mark Larson, Steve Traynelis, Claire Townsend, and Marilee Shelton-Davenport.