Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Ejiofor Ezekwe Successfully Defends PhD! May 03, 2016
- Pharmacology Holds Research Retreat 2016 - Seven Postdocs and Grad Students Receive Awards May 03, 2016
- From Lab to Life with Emily Zhou May 02, 2016
- Szu-Aun Lim Receives Highest Honors for Senior Honors Thesis Apr 28, 2016
- Tim Stuhlmiller Wins Pagano Award Apr 27, 2016
- New clues in the quest to prevent clogged arteries Apr 08, 2016
- Bingying Zhou Successfully Defends PhD! Apr 08, 2016
Postdoctoral Fellows and Graduate Students Receive Oral and Poster Presentation Awards at the Pharmacology Research Retreat 2016
Award Recipients: (L to R) Dan Wacker, Andrew Hardaway, Justin English, Kate Lansu, Kate Newns, and Tim Stuhlmiller. Not pictured, Catherine Marcinkiewcz. Click for larger view.
- Upcoming Events
- **Postponed to a later date - TBD** Seminar presented by Dr. Danny Dhanasekaran, Oklahoma University, HSC May 10, 2016 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics Auditorium
- Department of Pharmacology May Fest 2016! May 20, 2016 05:00 PM - 06:30 PM — Genetic Medicine Building Patio