Our Graduate Program is dedicated to the training of outstanding scientists in the pharmacological sciences.
An outstanding graduate program is a high priority of our department, and the training faculty participate fully at all levels. Our department ranks consistently in the highest levels of NIH funding for pharmacology departments nationwide and a great diversity of research areas is available to trainees. more
UNC's Department of Pharmacology ranks #3rd globally according to U.S. News & World Report's Best Global Universities 2014 report.
The Department of Pharmacology ranked #4 in the nation in its field in NIH research funding in 2013.
- Our Global Science Ranking: #3 in the World
U.S. News & World Report has published their first ever
Best Global Universities, ranking 500 institutions from 49
countries. UNC Pharmacology and Toxicology ranked #3
in the world!
- Dr. Jeffrey A. Engelman Delivers Distinguished Luminary Speaker Seminar 2015 Nov 23, 2015
- Innovations in Biological Computations Symposium Held Nov 23, 2015
- Onur Dagliyan Receives Lineberger Fellow Award Oct 27, 2015
- New students welcomed at Fall Festival 2015 Oct 22, 2015
- NC researchers awarded $5.3 million to develop novel gut-on-a-chip technology Oct 13, 2015
Congratulations to Klaus Hahn, PhD, for publications in Nature, Labelling and optical erasure of synaptic memory traces in the motor cortex ,and Cell, An Autism-Linked Mutation Disables Phosphorylation Control of UBE3A.
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar presented by Dr. Jeff Coller, Case Western Reserve Univ. Dec 01, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar presented by Dr. Yael P. Mosse, Univ. of PA, Philadelphia Dec 08, 2015 04:00 PM - 05:00 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics