William Filer, MD
Assistant Professor; Director, UNC Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program; On-Call Physician for Carolina Performing Arts
Medical School: Saint Louis University, 2008
Residency: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012
American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- spasticity management, including baclofen pumpsand botulinum toxin
- traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussion
- musculoskeletal rehabilitation
- performing arts medicine
- amputee care
- walking aids, including prosthetics and orthotics prescription
- electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies
- PM&R Educational Module of the Year Award, 2013, 2015 & 2016
- PM&R Teacher of the Year Award, 2013
- Academic Chief Resident, UNC PM&R, 2011-2012
- Dr. Tom Dooley International Elective Scholarship for international service elective in Ecuador, 2008
Hill J, Filer W. Safety and ethical considerations in discharging patients to suboptimal living situations. AMA Journal of Ethics. 2015;17:506-510.
Filer W, Harris M. Falls and traumatic brain injury among older adults. North Carolina Medical Journal. 2015;76(2):111-114.
Filer W, Carneiro K, Poplawski K. Back pain – tennis. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 2011;45(5) Supplement: S139.
Association of Academic Physiatrists
Performing Arts Medicine Association
American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine