On Friday, June 7th, UNC PM&R’s 2018-2019 education award recipients were announced. Introductory remarks were made by our Department Chair, Dr. Joshua Alexander, who highlighted some of the exciting opportunities ahead for the Residency Program and reviewed important educational highlights from the previous academic year. Next, the Residency Program Director, Dr. William Filer, presented the four educational awards; these award recipients were selected based on votes solicited by department members and the awards are an annual tradition within the department.
Congratulations to this year’s award recipients! (See below)
- Resident Team Player Award: Dr. Simonne Francis and Dr. Greg Franklin
- In recognition of support for peers and colleagues, professionalism, empathy, and ongoing commitment to education and patient care.
- Resident of the Year Award: Dr. Simonne Francis
- In recognition of her devotion to duty, outstanding knowledge and professionalism in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, exemplary concern for patients and their families, respect for colleagues, and contribution to the scholarly mission of the department.
- PM&R Module of the Year Award: Dr. Angela Lipscomb-Hudson
- In recognition of the educational module that made the most valuable contribution to the education of PM&R residents, medical students, faculty, and staff throughout the year.
- PM&R Teaching Excellence Award: Dr. Michael Ingraham
In recognition of his dedication to the educational mission of the department by providing creative approaches to teaching and learning that instill knowledge, confidence, and leadership in our future health care leaders.
(see above) Dr. Hudson receiving her “Module of the Year” award
(see above) Dr. Ingraham posing with his “Teaching Excellence” award
Congratulations to All!