North Carolina Community Mental Health Medical Directors' Network
The UNC Center for Excellence in Community Mental Health has partnered with the North Carolina Area Health Education Centers (NC AHEC) to establish the North Carolina Community Mental Health Medical Directors' Network. The Network works closely with the North Carolina Psychiatric Association, the NC Division of Mental Health and AHEC Psychiatrists in four North Carolina Medical Schools The Network supports psychiatrists and other physicians in their new role as leaders of clinical care in North Carolina's restructured public mental health system.
The statewide-organization offers medical directors from the Critical Access Behavioral Health Agencies (CABHAs) and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), CCCs as well as psychiatrists affiliated with Community Care of North Carolina (CCNC) and ACT teams.
- Professional education about evidence-based treatment
- Timely information about the state's evolving system of care
- Online access to other community mental health medical directors as they pursue like goals in their community -Medical Directors' Listserv.
- Support in providing professional development for medical leadership and incorporating evidence-based, cost-effective clinical care into their agencies' practice
- Continued integration and communication between various levels of the system: CABHAs, MCOs, CCNC,ACT and the North Carolina Division of Mental Health.
"It's vital that medical directors have the support they need to fashion this new approach to better mental health care," says John Gilmore, MD, director of the UNC Center for Excellence in Community Mental Health. "And providing psychiatrists with what they need to be effective leaders is what the center is all about."
For more information about the Medical Directors' Network or to join the listserv, please contact Alice Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Network Outreach programs TBD