PSTP Supplemental Application Form
Application Deadline by October 14, 2023
If you have any questions, we are happy to talk to you by email or phone.
- UNC Psychiatry PSTP Co-Director – Brad Gaynes, MD, MPH – firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-445-0206
- UNC Psychiatry PSTP Co-Director – John Gilmore MD – email@example.com or 919-445-0209
- UNC Psychiatry PSTP Coordinator – Paige Nuebel –firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-445-0206
When you have decided to apply; please do the following:
- Apply through ERAS as a Physician Scientist applicant, please also indicate whether you would like to be considered to match in the categorical program.
- Provide a specific and detailed letter of recommendation from your previous research mentor, if not included in your ERAS application.
- Applicants for the PSTP must complete a supplemental application form that includes:
* Application deadline by October 14, 2023.
- A synopsis of your previous research experience including a description of the project and its significance as well as your contributions to the work.
- A list of awards and grants you have received recognizing your research accomplishments.
- A list of peer reviewed publications that are published or accepted.
- A list of manuscripts that are under review or in preparation.
- A list of PIs at UNC you are considering as a research mentor.
- Indicate your interest in the Research Scientist Training Program in your ERAS application.
- Email supplemental application and letter of recommendation to:
- Physician Scientist Program Co-Directors: Brad Gaynes, MD, MPH (email@example.com) and John Gilmore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PSTP Coordinator: Paige Nuebel email@example.com
- Applicants selected for consideration may be asked to participate in two interview sessions:
- First Round Interview: the General Psychiatry Residency interview session coordinated by the Psychiatry Residency Education Office
- Second Round Interview: the Physician Scientist Training Program interview session coordinated by the PSTP Coordinator.