If you have any questions, we are happy to talk to you by email or phone.
- UNC Psychiatry PSTP Co-Director – Brad Gaynes, MD, MPH – email@example.com or 919-445-0206
- UNC Psychiatry PSTP Co-Director – John Gilmore MD – firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-445-0209
- UNC Psychiatry PSTP Coordinator – Paige Nuebel –email@example.com or 919-445-0206
When you have decided to apply; please do the following:
- Apply through ERAS as a Physician Scientist applicant, please also indicate whether you would like to be considered to match in the categorical program.
- Provide a specific and detailed letter of recommendation from your previous research mentor, if not included in your ERAS application.
- Applicants for the PSTP will be asked to complete a supplemental application form that includes:
- A synopsis of your previous research experience including a description of the project and its significance as well as your contributions to the work.
- A list of awards and grants you have received recognizing your research accomplishments.
- A list of peer reviewed publications that are published or accepted.
- A list of manuscripts that are under review or in preparation.
- Indicate your interest in the Research Scientist Training Program in your ERAS application.
- Email supplemental application and letter of recommendation to:
- Interviews for this program are conducted over two days and include exposure to the General Psychiatry Residency and the Physician Scientist Training Program.